Become a Volunteer

helping hand reverse green

There is no membership fee or annual dues to become an Alden Volunteer, nor do you need to be a resident of Alden. Many of our members are non-residents who understand and appreciate the importance of maintaining and enhancing the beautification, culture and educational commitments of the only town on Torch Lake.

1. Donate

As a donor, you believe that the Alden Volunteers have made a positive contribution and enhanced our community through their projects, programs and events. Donations are vital to the continuation of these activities; every cent collected from donations goes directly to funding them.

The Alden Volunteers is a registered
501(c)(3) non-for-profit corporation and all contributions are tax deductible up to the
limits established by your personal financial filings with the IRS.

2. Join one of our Summer Teams!

Boys o’ Summer – This hardworking and tirelessly committed team meet most every Monday, through the Spring and Summer months, into the Fall, working hard to tackle various jobs and tasks necessary to keep Alden looking beautiful.
For more information,
contact Bob Widmer at (231)632-4665

The Gardening Team – Alden Volunteers organization maintains several small
landscaping and potted areas throughout town. Each Spring, every person (or two) on this team is assigned a specific area to ensure it is weeded and pruned, perennials are replaced as needed, and annuals are added for color. Occasional weeding is performed throughout the summer to keep these areas looking pristine. A great chance to show off your vision and green thumb! Call Ginny Foley (248) 921-9565 to see how you can help.

Watering Team – Have you seen the GORGEOUS hanging plants as you pass through town? Our dedicated Watering Team keeps these, and other planted areas, looking beautiful all summer long. Using Alden Volunteer’s golf cart, team members (consisting of one or two people), are assigned one day per week to water, weather permitting. Grab a buddy to join you, or become a substitute.
Call Jim Schilling at (440) 590-1904 to see how you can help.